Definitions and Interpretation
“PCO’s Address” means the PCO’s postal address as identified in the Schedule;
“PCO’s Email Address” means the PCO’s email address as identified in the Schedule;
“Personal Information” means information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained. The types of information generally collected by us include your name, date of birth, residential and/or postal address, telephone number and email address;
“Privacy Contact Officer” or “PCO” means the point of contact for advice on privacy matters related to the Website;
“Website” means the website identified in the Schedule.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about you:
- because you have provided it to us, for example, if you interact with us on the Website in any manner;
- because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for example, if you subscribe to an email list or purchase products or services from the Website;
- because you work for us or apply to us for a job;
- for purposes related to any of the above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to deliver services you have requested from us, including the provision of goods and/or services through the Website;
- to confirm your identity; and
- for direct marketing purposes.
For direct marketing purposes, your Personal Information will be added to our database. The database may be used for ongoing marketing and educative purposes. The type of marketing and educative activities that we undertake includes forwarding material to you so that you are kept updated in relation to various issues and our services. If at any time you do not wish to continue receiving this information, we provide an “opt-out” procedure in each communication to you.
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected and we will not disclose your Personal Information without gaining your consent except where such disclosure is required by law.
By disclosing your Personal Information to us, you consent to your Personal Information being disclosed to our overseas service providers (if applicable), which may not meet the standard set by clause 8.1 of the Australian Privacy Principles.
In each generic correspondence sent out to you, we will endeavour to include simple instructions on how you can immediately unsubscribe from the relevant mailing list. You can also opt out from receiving promotional material by contacting us directly.
Accessing, Updating and Correcting your Personal Information
You may request from us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable. If we deny your request, we will provide reasons in writing as to our decision. To complain or contest our decision, please contact our Privacy Contact Officer.
If you wish to amend information that is out of date or incorrect, or if you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please contact our Privacy Contact Officer.
We have secured our Website using industry standard technology. However, we cannot provide any guarantee with respect to the security of your Personal Information and we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the Website being linked to the Internet.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to secure any Personal Information we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date, including by:
- employing appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect Personal Information from unauthorised disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration; and
- limiting access to Personal Information to individuals with a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. We keep Personal Information only for as long as it is required for business purposes or by the law.
You may be required to have a cookie-enabled browser to fully access the Website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your computer tied to information about you. Cookies may be used to track your internet browsing activities and the websites you have visited.
- your internet protocol (IP) address;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you have accessed and documents downloaded; and
- the type of browser you were using.
Upon receipt of a complaint, we will work with you to resolve your complaint. If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable timeframe, you may refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
PCO’s Address: PO Box 205 Browns Plains QLD 4118
PCO’s Email Address: email@example.com